Indigo Media Group (IMG) Pty Ltd, publisher of ‘Real Weddings' magazine - winner of Publishers Australia ‘Magazine of the Year' for an unprecedented two consecutive years - is proud to announce that its new bridal website http://www.realweddings.com.au/, has won two ‘Official Honoree' Awards at the 2010 ‘Webbys'.
The Webby Awards is the Internet's most respected symbol of success. The 14th Annual Webby Awards received nearly 10,000 entries from across the US and over 60 countries worldwide.
Winners are chosen by the International Academy of Digital Arts & Sciences a global organization whose members include David Bowie, Harvey Weinstein, Arianna Huffington, Matt Groening, Internet inventor Vinton Cerf, Twitter co-founder Biz Stone, Virgin Group Chairman Richard Branson, and R/GA Chairman and CEO Bob Greenberg.
RealWeddings.com.au received the awards in both the ‘Lifestyle' and ‘Magazine' categories along-side industry leaders such as GQ.com, MarthStewart.com, RealSimple.com and InStyle.com.
The new site moves beyond the traditional wedding ‘directory' websites currently in the market to deliver engaging and original content, ideas and inspiration to the top-end of the $5bn Australian bridal industry with features including:
- Real Weddings TV and Community forums
- A searchable image library of over 10,000 beautiful images from the Real Weddings archive
- Extended profiles of beautiful and inspiring weddings from around Australia and the world
- ‘The Little White Book' - high end directory of Australia's leading wedding suppliers
- Planning tools covering budgets, guest lists, gift registries, and seating plans
- Access to the digital library of Real Weddings back issues
- Luxury Honeymoons and Destination Weddings features and advice from readers
‘We're so excited to have extended the Real Weddings brand online and to have been awarded such prestigious recognition for it so quickly' said Kirsten MacKelden, Founding Editor. ‘Real Weddings has been recognised as the leading high-end bridal title in Australia and our new website gives us the opportunity to provide even more inspiration and ideas to engaged couples here and around the world.'