February 25, 2024

MediaBizNet

Complete Australian News World

Drake and 21 Savage are ordered to stop using the fake 'Vogue' cover by the judge

Drake and 21 Savage are ordered to stop using the fake ‘Vogue’ cover by the judge

Less than a week later Vogue magazinemain company Condé Nast sued drake And the 21 savage Because of the fake magazine cover, the judge in the case sided with the publisher.

As I mentioned paintingUS District Judge Jed Rakoff ruled that Drizzy and 21 were “misleading consumers” and “deceiving the public” with their falsehoods. Vogue magazine cover in promoting their collaborative album, lose it. “Issuing the temporary injunction required in the public interest to protect the public from confusion, deception and error,” the judge said. A temporary restraining order request was approved, meaning the pair could no longer use the fake magazine cover.

For all the legal documents he has obtained Complexthe legal team of Vogue magazine Condé Nast expressed confidence that they would win the $4 million case. The documents read: “Condé Nast has potential success in its allegations of federal and common law trademark infringement, false appellation of origin and unfair competition, false endorsement, mitigation, and false advertising.” “Among other things, the defendants’ actions confuse consumers as to the origin, sponsorship or approval of the counterfeit cover and the counterfeit magazine.”

In the lawsuit, Condé Nast argued that the rapper “irreparably damaged both companies”. As part of the temporary restraining order, they are being asked to stop distributing fake magazine copies, remove any social media posts that contain the cover, and remove any physical posters in cities across the country. They are also forbidden to mention it Anna WintourEditor in Chief Vogue magazine. In the lawsuit, Condi accused Drake of being “deliberately deceptive” when he thanked Wintour for sharing the cover.

READ  Magic: The Gathering and Marvel are teaming up for an epic crossover

The Vogue magazine Cover was just one of many intricate fake marketing acts the rapper pulled for the record, but Condé Nast is (so far) the only company to take action. They took part in a mock performance Saturday Night Livejoked NPR a small office performance, and participated in a deepfake interview with infamous radio host Howard Stern. NPR suggested the pair are “welcome at any time” to perform a small office in real time Stern called everything “interesting.”

Legal expert Barton Beebe, professor of law at New York University, said: NPR It would be an “easy case” for Condé Nast. “I think it’s easy for them to win,” said Bibi, who specializes in intellectual property law. “And I think they will get an injunction, an injunction, to stop the marketing campaign. It seems to me that the interesting question is whether Vogue magazine He wants to go after this up to the damages, because they could be in the millions for this kind of behavior.”