Royal staff are said to be “furious” at the shocking revelation of Prince Harry’s conflict with his brother, Prince William.
Omid Scobie’s new book Endgame: Inside the Royal Family and the Monarchy’s Fight for Survival – released on November 28 – details how Harry and William, the heir to the throne, feuded as their late grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II, made her breathtaking finale.
Palace insiders have torn down Scobie’s claims that William “ignored” his brother’s desperate calls as he raced to be at the Queen’s bedside at Balmoral last September.
“It seems that no matter what happens behind closed doors, even in a time of such pain and sadness, it will come out one day when it comes to the royal family,” a royal insider said. woman.
“Nothing is off limits as William and Kate appear to be this author’s number one target. It only takes a few months for the knives to come out again and the wounds to open.”
In an extract from his book, Scobie claims Harry was “kept in the dark” about the Queen’s health in the hours before her death – a claim reportedly shut down by royal courtiers.
“Harry texted his brother asking how he and Kate planned to get to Scotland and if they could travel together. “No response,” Scobie wrote. “William ignored him. “It’s clear he doesn’t want to see his brother.”
Scobie, who has a professional friendship with Meghan Markle, claimed there was “no evidence” that Charles phoned his son during the Queen’s final moments, as previously thought.
Scobie, who previously released a biography about the Sussexes called Finding Freedom, said Harry, 39, and Meghan, 42, had “no idea” that the royals were preparing for Her Majesty’s death last year.
“By the next morning, the Sussexes had no idea that Buckingham Palace was already planning the Queen’s final hours and the first days of the new royal era — until the Duke’s phone started ringing. An unknown number. He usually ignored those things,” Scobie wrote.
The author said that the Sussexes, who had their own trips to Balmoral, learned of the Queen’s death from a public announcement midway through the trip.
“The Palace claimed that Charles had tried to contact Harry (sources later told me there was no evidence of this at all),” he wrote.
The book notes that Meghan asked Harry to pick up the phone, but when he had to accept the incoming call, the ringing “stopped.”
“Harry did not speak to his father much that year, but this was not the time for any tension between father and son,” Scobie wrote. “Charles told him that he and Camilla were about to leave Dumfries House for Balmoral, where Princess Anne was already at the Queen’s side.”
He added: “Harry was asked to go to Scotland immediately.”
The Post has contacted Buckingham Palace and Kensington Palace for comment.