September 27, 2021

MediaBizNet

Complete Australian News World

Boss-de-Calais: Guinea’s English past expulsion

These are the best discoveries that have come to light by the six agents of the Directorate of Archeology Boss-de-Kalais In Daneville, an excavation site in Keynes. From 1352 (Fifteen years from the beginning of the Hundred Years’ War) to 1558, The English Occupied this fort which was then on the border of France.

Because the place was strategic, they had to adapt to the new uses of artillery and to make full use of the power of artillery, modernizing the city’s forts and 12th-century castles using brick.

Some remnants did not reveal all their secrets

At the end of six weeks, archaeologists have unearthed two curtain walls, specifically 66 and 17 m long, with a 23 m large corridor on the side, corridors, a staircase … all in a better defensive position: Helen Agostini, operational manager and co-director of the site of the D-Calais Archaeological Department, explains that the houses were built and a mill was set up. Despite the 2018 diagnosis, we could not figure out what was going to happen. Some of the remains are several meters high in some areas. “

During the excavation of the Cofferdam Canal and the moat the team was very surprised: “A small cannon from the first half of the 16th century, a soldier’s helmet, artillery balls. Lead … The whole dish … we do not know who put them there, French or English. We are now going to dedicate ourselves to research to try to learn more … “, he believes.

The land was returned to the Habitat Hots-de-France, which would create community housing and a disappointment.

READ  In Finland, Helsinki wants to adopt English as the official language