The town hall is obligated to make this decision to protect the sidewalk.
In recent days it has not escaped anyone, wearing a safety net around the corner of the Tour des Angloys, Rue to Toot and Rue to Boskin. After being fitted with grids for a long time, prevent possible rock falls. But this is not enough. The townhall is actually forced to place a “tunnel” at the base of this tower, which is not very aesthetic, but reassuring.
He insists on explaining in a press release that, in defiance of himself, he is forced to do so. “Following the refusal of the owners of the building to establish the so-called safeguards recommended by the legal expert for this procedure, the Municipal Order relating to Acute and Immediate Risk dated February 18, 2021-0181.
Listed as historical monuments
Also known as the Maison de Guitar, this 14th-century “Tour des Angloys” is listed as a historical monument from 1862, along with the Cathedral and Maison de Armagnac.
It is actually one of the oldest buildings in the city. “Its tower shape shows the social upsurge of this family, which gave its name to an area of Ru du Dut, formerly its name – Ru de la Guitarti – on top of it. Accused “, We explain in a document to the tourism office. “But no document justifies this name” is underlined on the traditional services page. “Its coronation affirms the social quality of the owners. The twin windows, surpassed by four-lobed oculus, originally received a stained glass window and were designed by the Guitar family’s Code of Arts” three strips of sand “ Record it in the first half of the 14th century “, Which is further mentioned.
Too bad this tower has become notable for being dilapidated and dangerous, it now means …
“Beeraholic. Friend of animals everywhere. Evil web scholar. Zombie maven.”